Thursday, March 11, 2010

Plastic Beach

Oh my god, Plastic Beach the song, with Mick Jones and Paul Simonon, from the new Gorillaz album Plastic Beach, is so sweet (I like that they sing together but it's Paul's voice you hear... I've never heard him sing like this, so melodically. So... disco-y... Ah love it. I'm also trying to not think about this but I am: what sorts of things could have been if Joe were alive. Paul was the one who insisted a Clash reunion would never happen. But this is the first time any of them have worked together on an album since The Clash. I wonder where the line would have been drawn; I know Joe wanted a reunion more than anyone, but he also loved contributing to random projects). I'll have to listen to the rest of the album! Starting now.
I just came to the startling realization that that might not actually be Paul singing. Because that voice is in other songs, I think it could be the Gorillaz guy. Actually it definitely is. And in that case I can't put my finger on them and it's causing me pain. I guess they are just playing instruments which I'll settle for I s'pose...)

No comments:

Post a Comment