
Guess who's birthday? Happy birthday Mark E. Smith. I was watching this interview last week, it was GREAT. Discounting the end when the interviewer brought up women/ex women (ex Brix), I've never seen Mark like someone so much! It seemed like he really liked him! Then again every other interviewer I've watched really has gotten what they asked for "Oh I'm nervous, Mark E. Smith is my hero but I know he's going to be so mean to me! " and then they go and act so stupid. Jesus. Well I brought up that interview because I REALLY liked that, out of nowhere, he says "You're a Pisces..." Ha ha and Mark says "Yeah..." Like "So What?" But it turns out he seems to know a bit about astrology. I have a special affection for Pisceses (not sure of the plural...) being that it's my moon sign. The original Pisces of my adoration (besides probably some people I actually knew I mean) would be George Harrison. And when that album Brainwashed came out after his death I was really into the song Pisces Fish. And THEN when I discovered my Pisces moon and I started making more sense to myself I remembered that song and especially the line "I'm a living proof of all life's contradictions" Beautiful song. Anyway what Kaitlin was explaining to me about Pisceses is that the astrological calandar start with Aries, and ends with Pisces. It's said that Aries is therefore the "youngest" of the signs and represents a newness of life, while Pisces represents an older soul; a person who has, in a sense, lived through all the other signs. A Pisces has a tendency to be introverted and they are the most emotionally mature of the signs. So for example an Aries might be really annoying to a Pisces because they are internally/emotionally less mature (regardless of how they act). George Harrison, Lou Reed, Mark E. Smith, Brian Jones, I don't remember who else they mentioned but I thought that was pretty interesting... I can definitely see the commonality... even though... haaaa Mark goes "I can't believe this fuckin'... George 'Arrison? Ha ha" Oh God he's too much. I wonder what he's doing right now. I have two new Fall albums. Amazing. How can they have so many albums that so many people say are their best album, and THEN have even more albums after that that are still incredibly interesting and great, especially if you already love The Fall? I just got I Am Kurious Oranj and Dragnet, two really different albums but it worked out well because I needed to branch out more in both directions (directions of time I mean, since I started with the middle period). I love the song New Big Prinz from I Am Kurious Oranj; if you didn't hear the words you wouldn't notice but it's a reprise of Hip Priest from Hex Enduction Hour and it's MAGICAL. It's absolutely the opposite approach to the song, what a banger. And it's eerie. Reprise types of songs are always a little sad or something even when they're not (like Bob Dylan's Girl From the North Country with Johnny Cash) and there is a definite hint of it in this song, because it's inevitable. But it's also just AWESOME. When I hear it I feel a nostalgia for Hip Priest (which is superior, just classic) but each one just enhances the other. I feel too lucky to be enjoying this homage to Hip Priest so early in the game, like maybe I shouldn't have gone there yet but then again I'm not too worried. There are endless places to go. And how is Dragnet so good? My dog loves it. He's turning his head a lot. I love March. And people it brought into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment