Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Read About Your Band Part 2

replacements? I don't understand. sometimes what happens is that... I've spent so much time on youtube watching music things, but usually I'll focus in on one band for a long period of time. For example (meaning... these are the four biggest obsessions I've gone through), there is no Clash, Pogues, Black Lips, or The Fall related videos on youtube that I haven't seen (I mean that hasn't been proven but I'd be willing to bet) But then sometimes I actually forget to explore other things on youtube. I think because I subconsciously know I could honestly go on forever so I just don't even let myself go there but once in a while something will pop into my head. Pop! Replacements. Anyway, I go in and out of stages of needing The Replacements all the time, and not really needing them. That's what it is, it's very much a needing thing. I just started my video exploration of them and within thirty seconds a new stage officially began. But I couldn't even make it through an entire video, it was too much. Too good and too emotional no matter what the song. And watching it "live" (I wish really live) is even more powerful, makes it even more real, riveting, just sucking the soul out of me. I appreciate it so much more. My feelings about their music is too weird how it goes on and off, but I think basically it's just this undeniable thing. Like I've said, it's in my blood. Can't deny my blood. But this time it's better than ever. Every time is better. I have to get back to Youtube later and write more later but I can't even open this delicious can of worms right now. Cause I have homework.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zmSYjpx84U Where do I go from there?

I didn't do my homework. Read about your band. Shiiiiit. Shit in the good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment