What inspired The Clash about Taxi Driver and just now mildly inspired me. I didn't say what I was trying to say in my last post, I was trying to say that that torture drove Travis to ACTION, that was the point. Resorting to the violence, or maybe just having no other choice because, as an uneducated ex marine that's all he knew. For Joe Strummer it was more like resorting to violence. Trying, as a cultured and well-educated charismatic man and talented artist, every other way he knew, and then resorting to combat rock. Haha. I don't know, I think there is some truth in that though. What he believed in became too important to him, took over him. Kind of ruined him, his music, the people close to him.
"Compassion and humility may be among the most treasured of human virtues, but they are not useful in conflict. A beautiful gold statue of your most adored god is a treasure, but you would not use it as a weapon. Virtue is to be value in the proper context; only a sword will do in battle."
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment