Tuesday, July 30, 2013
got a right got a right gotta write gotta write......
Today I feel happy. But most of all, I feel happy that I felt happy every day of April but one. I know so because I've been putting stickers on my calendar - peace sign means I make peace with whatever was unhappy about the day, smiley face means I was positive, forward-thinking and moving all damn day y'all. Mac Mothafuckin Dre. It's a good way to take responsibility for my actions and track my mood without having to think too hard or write anything. Haha. Anyway, one month of feeling like myself was a powerful dose of medicine. The idea is to build *resilience*, and just a month of it has made me feel I could never backtrack to where I was before.
Obviously there's something in the air. Major planet alignments, eclipses and shit. Springtime obviously. But it's more than that. So naturally I'm behind on a lot of new albums, even from some artists I hold closest to my heart and should have been salivating anticipating their release...... But for everything there's a season they say, and maybe my hopes would have been too high for Cat Power and Kurt Vile. Instead, Mark from work came in and showed me his blog, we talked about his favorite albums of the year, and he brought me Cat Power's "Sun" from his car. At roughly the same time, I finally put my foot down and bought "Waking on a Pretty Daze" by Kurt Vile. I wasn't quite prepared for its release when I heard about it when I was in Philly. Still, the painting of the mural in Northern Liberties? Materialization of the quiet spirit that
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment